Monday, January 24, 2011

Snowboarding is fun and good for you!


Today I am going to talk about my favorite sport of all time: snowboarding!  I think that snowboarding is a very fun yet hard sport.  It not only strengthens your core, foot/ankle, upper leg, hip, and gluteus muscles but it is also a very good cardiovascular exercise.  This means that while you are working out all those muscles I listed above, you are also burning calories, losing weight, and keeping your heart healthy.  The reason I enjoy snowboarding so much is because the mountain does wonders for my stress and I can get into shape while having a lot of fun.  Most people do not enjoy their first time snowboarding but I think that you should stick with it since its gets a lot more fun as you get better.


A common mistake that many beginners make while snowboarding is that they do not drink enough water.  Like I mentioned above, snowboarding is both a strength building workout as well as a cardiovascular workout.  Because of this, people tend to sweat a lot without realizing it.  When you sweat too much, you lose a lot of water and become very dehydrated.  If you get dehydrated, you are likely to get very dizzy and nauseas.  This could end up cause a lot of discomfort and health issues if you do not hydrate right away.  This is why you should always carry a water bottle with you while snowboarding. Hope that this blog has been a bit helpful to everyone who wants to try snowboarding!

Willy

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to go snowboarding but I never got the chance to. It sounds awesome. You have a good blog here that's really informational. I've actually learned stuff that I never knew about.

    ReplyDelete